Smoke Alarms Testing and Installation
Smoke Alarm Testing and Installation
M2 Smoke Alarms Important information and engagement conditions
- Should you engage M2 Electrical Pty Ltd to complete smoke alarm testing or installation services to your property, we will need to be engaged by your managing agent and subsequently invoice your managing agent for the service that we provide.
- Direct engagement can be negotiated however a 30% deposit must be paid prior to the execution of the services to your property
- Any Brooks or Firetek product that M2 Electrical Pty Ltd installs at your property comes with a 5 year labour and materials warranty and we will replace/reimburse you for any product delivered to you that is faulty or is in a damaged condition prior to the expiry of the manufacturer’s warranty period.
- We cannot be held liable for costs associated through the engagement of a third party contractor for any faulty smoke alarms inside of the manufacturer’s warranty period or our Extended warranty period offered on products that M2 Electrical Pty Ltd has installed.
- Should you engage M2 Electrical Pty Ltd to complete smoke alarm testing at your property, we will clean and service the smoke alarms in the enrolled property for a 12 month period and attend to any faulty or beeping smoke alarms when required and during normal business hours. As part of the annual subscription an RCD push button test will be performed as an inclusion to the subscription package. Should we find that a detector is missing or damaged or an RCD fails a push button test, this will be replaced and charged as per our Pricing Schedule and photo’s will be submitted for the managing agent to discuss the charges with the tenants/property owner.
- M2 Electrical staff are trained in the identification of and the associated handling of the asbestos containing material (ACM). M2 Electrical will continue with any installation/replacement of any smoke detector and on charge the associated asbestos handling fee per detector.
|M2 ELECTRICAL SMOKE ALARMS SCHEDULE OF RATES – ANNUAL SERVICING PACKAGE*||COST|
|REPLACE/INSTALL 10YR LITHIUM BATTERY WIRELESS SMOKE ALARM – CLIPSAL FIRETEK||$165|
|REPLACE/INSTALL 10YR LITHIUM BATTERY WIRELESS SMOKE ALARM – BROOKS||$225|
|REPLACE/INSTALL 240V/10YR LITHIUM BATTERY BACK UP PHOTOELECTRIC SMOKE ALARM – CLIPSAL FIRETEK||$125|
|REPLACE/INSTALL 240V/10YR LITHIUM BATTERY BACK UP PHOTOELECTRIC SMOKE ALARM – BROOKS||$165|
|REPLACE/INSTALL 240V/9V BATTERY BACK UP PHOTOELECTRIC SMOKE ALARM (ALL BRANDS)||$95|
|RELOCATION OF ALARM FROM NON-COMPLIANT LOCATION (INCLUDES COVER PLATE)||$50|
|REPLACE FAULTY RCD (10,16,20,32AMP – SINGLE OR DOUBLE POLE)||$149|
|ASBESTOS HANDLING FEE – REPLACEMENT ALARMS ON ACM SURFACES (PER ALARM)||$44|
*All prices include GST
*Rates apply for any faulty, damaged, missing, expired alarms found during annual servicing
*Rates are for items found during annual servicing package and are to be charged seperately to the annual service fee
*Replacement alarms do not include interconnection to existing alarms or upgrades to meet 2022/2027 legislative requirements (see m2 electrical smoke alarm upgrades price schedule for compliance upgrade pricing)